San Diego Foster Youth Mentor Program
Foster youth ages 6-20 need consistent, stable adult role models to guide them to a successful life path. Numerous studies show mentoring significantly reduces youth's drug and alcohol use, improves school outcomes, and decreases adolescent violence.
Foster Youth Mentors Help in the Following Ways:
- Provide a stable, consistent and genuine friendship.
- Participate in a variety of social outings and activities.
- Assist with homework, the completion of a GED, high school diploma or perhaps a college degree.
Minimum Requirements for a Youth Mentor
- Minimum contact of 2 hours per week.
- Be at least 18 years of age - Pass criminal clearances.
- Complete monthly activity reports - Adhere to the directives of the child's social worker.
Ability to interact and communicate clearly with professionals.
Provide current CA Drivers License - Provide proof of auto insurance
Foster Youth Mentor Program - Foster Youth Mentor Program Coordinator