Transitional Housing Program Plus aka THP + & Transitional Youth Housing aka TYH
Who Qualifies for THP-Plus Services?
- Emancipated Foster/Probation Youth (i.e. “age out” of system; in court-ordered, out-of-home placement up to age 18 or older)
- CWS/Probation case must close prior to THP-Plus move-in
- Ages 18 to 24 years old
- Pursuing the Goals of a County-approved Supportive Transitional Emancipation Program
- Transitional Independent Living Plan (STEP-TILP).
Who Qualifies for TYH Services?
- Youth previously under the jurisdiction of the San Diego County Juvenile Court who aged out of foster care placement
- Actively pursuing the Goals of A County-approved Supportive ransitional Emancipation Program-Transitional Independent Living Plan(STEP-TILP)
- Between the ages of 18 and 24
- CWS/Probation case must close prior to TYH move-in
What is THP-Plus & TYH?
- Subsidized / Affordable Housing
- Apartment furnishings
- Comprehensive Supportive Services / 24-Hr Crisis Intervention / Support
- Individual / Group Therapy (available, but not required)
- Educational / Employment Support Services
- Supportive Transitional Emancipation Program (STEP)-TILP
- Case Management
- After Care Services
- Referrals to Community Resources and Pregnancy/Parenting Services
- “Permanent Connections” Support Services with Family and/or Community
- Food Necessities Allowance
- Emancipation Savings Account
- 24 Cumulative Months of Services, State-wide
- Program Goal:
Each participant has secure and stable housing by program graduation makes progress towards his or her life goals, including educational attainment or employment achievement, physical and mental well being, and connections to community.
- Complete Referral Form. If form is not complete, it will be returned. Referrals can be made by
- County Social Workers
- ILS Case Managers
- Youth (self-referral)
- If determined eligible, referral will be forwarded to the appropriate THP-Plus Provider(s).For referral status updates, please contact appropriate Provider(s) directly.
- Provider(s) will keep Contract Specialist and youth informed regarding application process and acceptance into the program.
Provider Name: Casa de Amparo: New Directions
Contact: Linda Sullivan (760) 295-4600
SD Region: North Coastal
Provider Name: New Alternatives, Inc.
Contact: Corey Ramsey(619) 615-0701
SD Region: North Coastal, North Inland, North Central, Central, East, South
Provider Name: San Diego Youth Services (SDYS)
Contact: George Puga ((619)521-2250x3823
SD Region: North Central, Central, East
Provider Name: South Bay Community Services (SBCS)
Contact: Gisela Moreno (619) 591-0100
SD Region: South
Provider Name: YMCA Contact: Lyndsey Macaranas Main Line (760) 721-8930
SD Region: North Inland(Not-parenting females)