The HOME Program
The HOME Emancipated Youth Housing Program is designed to:
Provide stable and affordable housing for former foster youth. Provide supportive services to promote self-sufficiency.
Who is Eligible
- Former foster youth ages 18- 24 who are eligible for Independent Living Services.Youth who have demonstrated an ability to live independently.Youth who have a legal source of income and/or are working full or part-time.
- Youth whose income is less than $25,000 per year.
- Youth with no current history of substance abuse and/or no recent history of violence or assaults.
Where to Rent
- Youth may rent a room from a former foster parent or non-relative.
- Youth may rent with a roomate.
- Youth may live in a single, affordable unit.
- 24-month program
- Participants locate their own apartment.
- Parenting youth are accepted.
- Roommates are permitted and encouraged.
Varies from program to program. Speak to ILS or HOME program staff about individual locations.
- Participants are required to pay 30% of their income for rent for 24 months, plus any amount above their rental voucher allotment amount.
- All utilities are the responsibility of the youth.
- Youth must participate in ILS aftercare services.
- Youth must participate in monthly case management.
- Youth must comply with ALL program guidelines.
Contact your regional ILS Case Manager for a referral or the HOME program staff for more information:
Dianna Hildreth - (619) 767-5459