A PROJECT OF THE County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency

Local Universities

A university differs from a community college in that it is a four-year program, usually has a broader curriculum and offers graduate and professional degrees (Master’s Degree and PhD.) in addition to undergraduate degrees (Bachelor’s Degree). Students may either start at a community college and transfer to a university or go straight to the university. When a student begins at a community college and transfers – usually after they have received a two-year degree (Associate’s Degree) – they will only need to complete two years at the university in order to receive a four-year degree (Bachelor’s Degree). Of course these are only estimations of time based on averages, some students may take more (or less) depending on individual circumstances.

San Diego Community Colleges

San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, Ca 92182
(619) 594-5200

UC San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla, Ca 92093
(858) 534-2230

Cal State San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.
San Marcos, Ca 92096
(760) 750-4000

University of San Diego,
5998 Alcalá Park,
San Diego, CA 92110  
(619) 260-4600

Call the Admissions Offices for more information about the types of programs available and for information on qualifying for entrance to each university. For general information and other topics, go to the school’s website and/or call the general information number.

Click  to see the map for CSU campuses CSU CAMPUSES Map