A PROJECT OF THE County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency

What if I Lose My Job?

If you are terminated or laid off from your job, you may be eligible for State Unemployment Benefits. Call the Employment Development Department Unemployment Insurance Office 1-800-300-5616

If you lost your job because of a job related illness or injury, you may be eligible for Workers Compensation. Call State Industrial Relations Department (619) 767-2086.

What if I have no source of income?

If you have no income and are unable to work, the most immediate help can be found by calling or visiting a County Health & Human Services Family Resource Center. Staff there can help you determine your eligibility and can direct you to the steps necessary for applying for assistance. Please check out the article "Need Financial Assistance?" in the Money Matters catagory. We have listed a lot of resources there.